A question I often get asked by customers is: What is a PDF file, and when is it used?
I frequently CREATE my invoices and receipts in .docx format, and then SAVE A COPY in PDF format for emailing to my clients; they are more likely to be able to view a PDF file.
The following article, published yesterday at Makeuseof, gives a great explanation:
Pros and cons of PDF files (opens in a separate tab)
force-close app on an iPad or iPhone
Sometimes, an App may become unresponsive, or crash. Attempting to re-open the App will probably fail, because it hasn’t really closed; just gone into the background.
In this instance, it may therefore help to force-close the App as follows:
- Double-tap the Home button ( or use “4-finger swipe-up” from bottom, if enabled)
- This will bring up the carousel of apps which are currently in the background
This image shows the result of step 2:
- Swipe right or left until you can see the app you wish to force-close
- In a single motion, swipe the app upwards and off the screen at the top
This image shows the app being forced up and off the screen:
- The desired app will close
- Now, either return to a different app in view, by tapping it, or press the Home button.